Since 1865, Catholics from the Manchester area attended Sunday Mass in the same small church with a capacity of about 180. Improvements over the years included adding heating and air conditioning systems, along with used pews from another church, but much remains the same today as in those Civil War times. As the community grew, so did the congregation and the need for a new larger church became a reality, even though the historic church is still being used for small ceremonies and daily Mass.
Land was acquired in 1964 for a new church and after many years of fundraising, a formal ground breaking ceremony was held on September 11, 2005. Work continued and upon completion, the formal dedication was held on December 16, 2006. This beautiful new brick church located at 2930 Hanover Pike in Manchester, Maryland has a capacity of 840 people. Shaped in the form of a cross, tradition is the theme throughout with many items inside being acquired from other churches. Future plans call for adding office space along with a social hall and a religious education building.